You can check-in for your Singapore Airlines flight using several options:
- Online check-in
- Mobile app check-in (Android or iOS)
- Auto check-in
- Self-service kiosk check-in
- Airport counter check-in
Singapore Airlines Check-in Times
When do I need to check in for my Singapore Airlines flight?
Singapore Airlines recommends that if you’re departing from Singapore Changi Airport, you should be at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight departs, especially if you have baggage to check in. If your flight departs from another airport, ask the local office for the check-in deadlines—which range from 40 – 60 minutes before departure.
- Online Check-in Time
You can check in online from 48 hours to 1.5 hours before your flight’s departure.
- Mobile App Check-in Time
Via the official Android or iOS app
You can check in online from 48 hours to 1.5 hours before your flight’s departure.
- Auto Check-in Time
The auto check-in service automatically checks you in 48 hours before your flight’s departure. You can turn it on via Manage Booking after your booking has been confirmed.
- Self-Service Kiosk Check-in Time
You can check in at a self-service kiosk (available at several airports):
You can check in at the airport’s self-service kiosk up to 24 hours before your flight’s departure.
- Airport Counter Check-in Time
You can check in at an airport counter:
- At Singapore Changi Airport. You can check in from 48 hours to 40 minutes before your flight’s departure (Singapore Airlines and SilkAir flights).
- At Other Airports. Typically, from 3 hours to 40 minutes before your flight’s departure Click here to check the exact opening and closing times around the world.
Singapore Airlines Online Check-in
How can I check in online for my Singapore Airlines flight?
A screenshot of the Singapore Airlines online check-in functionality
You can check in online for your SQ flight from 48 hours to 1.5 hours before departure.
To check in online from Singapore Airlines’ website:
- Go to SingaporeAir.com
- Click on the Check In tab
|To check in with your Booking reference|
(opens by default):
|To check in with your E-ticket number|
|Enter your: 6-character booking reference Last/family name||Select the E-ticket number optionEnter your:13-digit e-ticket number Last/family name|
- Click on the Check In button
- Follow the on-screen prompts to check in
When you check-in online, you can also:
- Choose a seat
- Book a special meal
- Purchase extra baggage
- Download your electronic boarding pass
(or save it on your smartphone)
- After checking in, you can either download and print your Singapore Airlines online check-in boarding pass at home or save it on your smartphone and show it at the airport.
- You will not be able to check in online if:
- You are less than 18 years old (unless accompanied by a passenger who is at least 18 years old).
- You are travelling in a group of 10 or more passengers in the same booking.
- You did not check in for a preceding flight in the same booking.
In all of the above cases, you’ll need to check in at the airport counter.
Singapore Airlines Mobile Check-in
How can I check in with the Singapore Airlines mobile app?
You can check in with the SQ mobile app from 48 hours to 1.5 hours before departure. After checking in, simply download the Mobile Boarding Pass to your mobile device if you’re departing from these cities, and show it the airport to go through.
Eligibility. The Mobile Boarding Pass can only be downloaded by passengers not requiring a visa check, and passengers departing from these airports:
- The United States: Seattle, San Francisco, New York (JFK and Newark), Los Angeles, and Houston.
- Europe: Zurich, Rome, Paris, Munich, Milan, Manchester, London, Istanbul, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Barcelona, and Amsterdam.
- North Asia: Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Seoul, Osaka, Nagoya, Taipei, Hong Kong, and Fukuoka.
- South-East Asia: Surabaya, Singapore, Phuket, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Bangkok, and Bali.
- South-West Pacific: Wellington, Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Christchurch, Canberra, Brisbane, Auckland, and Adelaide.
- West Asia and Africa: Johannesburg, Dubai, Colombo, and Cape Town.
If you’re not carrying any checked baggage and don’t require verification at the airport counter, you should proceed directly to the Immigration Counter.
Singapore Airlines Auto Check-in
A screengrab of the Manage Booking tab used for auto check-in
You can opt for auto check-in by turning it on through Manage Booking after your booking has been confirmed, but at least 48 hours before your flight’s departure (for eligible flights). After you’ve been auto checked-in, you’ll receive a confirmation email informing you that you’ve been checked in for your flight.
After turning on your auto check-in and up to 48 hours before departure, you can:
- Choose a seat in advance
- Select or change your meal preference
- Purchase additional baggage
- Change or upgrade your flight
After you’ve been auto checked in—and till 1.5 hours before your flight’s departure—you can:
- Change your seat
- Generate your digital boarding pass
(from 24 hours – 1.5 hours for U.S. flights)
Auto check-in is not available if:
- You’re travelling as an unaccompanied minor
- You’ve made a group booking for more than 9 passengers
- You don’t have a confirmed booking or you’ve been waitlisted
- You’ve booked an extra seat
- You haven’t checked in for a preceding flight in the same booking
- You’re flying on a partner airline operated flight for the first leg of your journey
(even if your flight begins with an SQ code)
- Your passport has at least 6 months validity remaining
Singapore Airlines Kiosk Check-in
How to check in at a self-service kiosk
You can check in at the airport’s self-service kiosk up to 24 hours before your flight’s departure. The self-service kiosks are available at the following airports:
- Singapore Changi Airport, Terminal 3—Rows 3, 4
- Wellington International Airport—Counters 19 to 24
- Tokyo Narita, Terminal 1 South Wing—Zone G
- Stockholm Arlanda Airport, Terminal 5
- San Francisco International, Terminal—Aisle 4
- Perth Airport Terminal 1
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, Terminal 1—Hall 1
- Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Terminal 2—Island A/B/D
- Melbourne Airport, Terminal 2—Zone M
- Los Angeles Tom Bradley International, Terminal—Aisle C
- London Heathrow, Terminal 2—Zone A
- Kansai International Airport, Terminal 1—Island G & H
- Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Island C & D
- Hong Kong International, Terminal 1—Aisle F
- Frankfurt Airport, Terminal 1—Concourse C
- Copenhagen Airport, Terminal 2
- Bengaluru Kempegowda International Terminal
- Auckland Airport, International Terminal—Zone E
- Amsterdam Schiphol, Departure Hall 3
Note. For recent additions (if any), refer to this page.
To check in at an airport self-service kiosk:
- Select Singapore Airlines from the home screen
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions for carrying dangerous goods
- Retrieve your booking in any of these ways:
- Scan your passport
- Scan the barcode appearing on your digital or mobile boarding pass
- Enter your 10-digit e-ticket number (starts with 618)
If checking in more than 1 passenger, enter your 6-alphanumeric-character booking reference
- After retrieving your booking, insert your passport (photo page face down) into the reader
- Tap on Seat Map to select (or change) your seat
- Tap on Confirm Check-in to complete your check-in
- Tap on Yes for checking in your bags, otherwise tap on No
Your boarding pass will automatically be printed
- To check in your bags:
- Select the number of bags you’ll be checking in per passenger; if traveling with more than 3 bags (i.e., up to 10 bags), tap on the > sign
- Tap on View Allowance Details to view your total baggage allowance
You will receive a printout of your bag tags and boarding pass/passes
- Tag your bags and drop them off at the bag drop counter
Note. The bag tag printing facility is not available in Amsterdam (Schiphol), so you’ll have to get them from the check-in counter and drop them off there.
Passengers Not Eligible for Self-Service Kiosk Check-in
The following passengers are not eligible for self-service kiosk check-in—and will need to physically check in at the airport desk:
- Passengers with non-machine-readable passports/visas
- Waitlisted passengers
- Passengers with unconfirmed bookings
- Unaccompanied minors
- Passengers who have booked an extra seat, such as for a musical instrument
- Passengers traveling with a pet
- Passengers requiring special assistance, such as medical assistance, or meet-and-assist service, etc.
Airport Counter Check-in
How do I check in at the airport counter?
You can check in at the airport counter:
- At Singapore Changi Airport. From 48 hours to 40 minutes before your flight’s departure (Singapore Airlines or SilkAir). The check-in counters close 40 minutes before departure.
- At Other Airports. Typically, from 3 hours to 40 minutes before your flight’s departure.
Click here to check the exact airport counter opening and closing times around the world.
After you show your travel documents at the airport’s check-in counter:
- You’ll be able to check in your bags
- You’ll be assigned a seat
- You’ll be given your boarding pass
- To check in up to 24 hours before departure, use the kiosk check-in and automated bag drop.
- If you need assistance after the counters have closed, call +65-6223-8888.
How Singapore Airlines’ Return Check-in Works
If you plan to return within 48 hours after your flight departs, you can check in for both flights at the same time—except for flights from/to the United States. You can return check-in online, via mobile, or at the airport check-in counters.
How return check-in works
- Check in your bags for your first flight
- When returning, just proceed to your check-in counter and drop off your bags