You can check in for your Allegiant Airlines flight through the following options:
Allegiant Airlines Check-in Time
What are the check-in time limits for Allegiant Air flights?
Per Allegiant Air’s recommendation, you should reach the airport at least 2 hours before your flight’s departure so that you’re fully checked in and at the boarding gate within 1 hour of your flight’s departure.
- Online Check-in Time
You can check in online (web check-in) from 24 hours to 45 minutes before your flight’s departure.
You will also be reminded by email 24 hours in advance.
- Mobile Check–in Time
You can check in with your mobile device from 24 hours to 45 minutes before your flight’s departure.
A reminder email will be sent to 24 hours before departure.
- Airport Counter Check-in Time
Allegiant recommends that you:
- Reach the airport at least 2 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure.
- Complete your check in and be at the boarding gate at least 1 hour before departure.
- Download, print or email your boarding pass at home to save USD 5 on printing charges.
- Keep enough buffer time for security check, checked baggage, etc.
Allegiant Airlines Online Check-in
To check in online from Allegiant’s website:
- Go to AllegiantAir.com
- Click on the Check-in tab as shown above
- Choose how you want to check-in:
- By confirmation # (opens by default)
- By email (you’ll have to select it)
- By credit/debit card (you’ll have to select it)
- Enter the information for whichever option you choose
- Click on the Continue button
- Select your flight and follow the prompts to check in
When checking in online, you can also:
- Select a seat for a fee (if you didn’t earlier).
- Purchase baggage.
(Purchasing baggage online in advance is cheaper)
You May Not Be Able to Check in Online in the Following Cases
- You’re traveling with pets or emotional/psychiatric service animals
- You’re booked as an unaccompanied minor
- You’re traveling with an infant
- You couldn’t complete your check-in online
If you fall in one of the above categories, you must check in at an Allegiant airport counter.
Allegiant Airlines Mobile Check-in
You can check in with Allegiant’s mobile app from 24 hours to 45 minutes before departure. Having a mobile boarding pass allows you to zip through the airport without worrying about printing it.
To check-in, log in to your Allegiant account, enter your flight details, and use the prompts to check in for your flight. After you check in, you will receive your mobile boarding pass.
You can use the mobile app to:
- Check-in for your flight
- Download your mobile boarding pass
(and access it later)
- Review and access your upcoming trips
- View and select seats
- Confirm, check, or add baggage
- Upgrade to Priority Boarding
- Receive flight status notifications
- Manage important self-service functions
Allegiant Airlines Airport Desk/Counter Check-in
You can check in physically at the airport counter. After you show your travel documents (with confirmation number) and a valid government-issued photo ID (such as a passport or driver’s license) at the airport counter:
- You can check in your bags
- You’ll be assigned a seat
(unless you’ve already selected it)
- You’ll be given your boarding pass
(unless you’ve downloaded it or made a printout)
- Printing a boarding pass at the airport will cost you USD 5 per pass, so carry a printout or your mobile boarding pass.
- If you’re older than 18 years or an unaccompanied minor between 15 – 17 years, you’re required to carry a photo ID.
- Airport security wait times can vary, so arrive at least 2 hours before your flight’s departure.
- If you’re required to check in at the airport counter, your USD 5 boarding pass printing fee will be waived.
- Airport check-in closes 45 minutes before your flight’s departure.
Allegiant Airlines Boarding Process
You should aim to reach the boarding gate 1 hour before your flight’s departure. If you’re not there at least 30 minutes before your flight departs, your booking may be canceled. Boarding gates close 10 minutes before departure.
Allegiant Air Boarding Zones
The boarding process at Allegiant starts with 4 zones by name, followed by 6 general boarding zones by number. General boarding zones are based on whether you’re travelling with carry-on baggage and your seat row.
- If you’re travelling without carry-on baggage to be placed in the overhead bin, you’ll be boarded first from the back of the aircraft, followed by passengers who will be stowing their bags in the overhead bin (also back to front).
- If you didn’t select a seat in advance, you will be assigned a seat by Allegiant and placed accordingly.
The boarding zones in the order boarding priority are as follows:
- Pre-boarding. Includes passengers requiring special assistance or more time.
- Priority Boarding. Includes passengers who have purchased the Priority Access add-on and passengers holding an Allegiant World Mastercard.
- Military Boarding. Includes active-duty military personnel and their dependents.
- Family Boarding. Includes passengers travelling with strollers and car seats.
- Zone 1. Includes passengers occupying exit row seats.
- Zone 2. Includes passengers seated in rows 25-40 and travelling without carry-on baggage.
- Zone 3. Includes passengers seated in rows 1-24 and travelling without carry-on baggage.
- Zone 4. Includes passengers seated in rows 25-40 and travelling with carry-on baggage.
- Zone 5. Includes passengers seated in rows 10-24 and travelling with carry-on baggage.
- Zone 6. Includes passengers seated in rows 1-9 and travelling with carry-on baggage.