Unlike the EU 261 Regulation, U.S. laws do not require airlines to compensate passengers for cancelled or delayed flights. But it is mandatory for airlines to compensate passengers who have been “bumped” from oversold flights. The Breeze Airways flight delay compensation for delayed or cancelled flights is nil in financial terms. However, you may be entitled to monetary compensation if you’ve been involuntarily denied boarding due to an oversold flight.
What Should I Know About Breeze Airways Flight Delay Compensation?
It pays to know the following points about Breeze Airways flight delay compensation:
- Since U.S. laws do not require airlines to compensate passengers for flight delays and cancellations within the U.S., the Breeze Airways flight delay compensation is nil if your flight has been cancelled or delayed within the United States (where Breeze operates).
- If your Breeze flight is delayed by more than 3 hours, you can:
- Cancel and refund your flight without penalty the way you paid for it, or
- Travel on the delayed flight
- If your Breeze flight is delayed or cancelled and the next flight is only available the following day, you are entitled to free overnight hotel accommodation plus to-and-fro transportation from the airport to the hotel if the delay or cancellation was due to failure on part of Breeze Airways and not due to reasons outside of its control—such as extreme weather conditions, ATC decisions, etc.—and you’re not departing from your own city. However, if you don’t qualify for complimentary hotel accommodation, you will be provided information to help secure overnight accommodation on your own.
- You may be entitled to financial/monetary compensation if you’ve been involuntarily denied boarding due to an oversold flight. The amount of compensation will depend on the length of the delay in the arrival time of the alternative flight compared to the original flight.
When Am I Entitled to Breeze Airways Flight Delay Compensation?
As mentioned, you’re only entitled to financial compensation if you have been involuntarily bumped from your flight due to overbooking, i.e., more passengers checked in for your flight than the number of seats available on it.
The Breeze Airways flight delay compensation amount due to involuntary boarding denial is:
- Nil if Breeze offers you an alternative flight that is scheduled to arrive at your destination/first stopover within 60 minutes of your original flight.
- 2x the fare paid by you subject to a limit of USD 775 if the alternate flight offered to you lands at your destination or the first stopover is more than 60 minutes but less than 120 minutes after the original flight.
- 4x the fare paid by you subjects to a limit of USD 1,550 if Breeze does not offer an alternate flight scheduled to land at your first stopover or destination less than 2 hours minutes after your original flight.
Exceptions You will not be entitled to any flight delay compensation if:
- You fail to comply with Breeze’s ticketing, check-in, or reconfirmation requirements, or
- You do not show up at the boarding gate at least 15 minutes prior to your flight’s scheduled departure time, or
- Your flight has been cancelled, or
- A smaller aircraft has been substituted due to safety reasons, or
- You’re offered accommodations in a different (or lower) section of the aircraft with a refund option (of the difference in fares) and you decline to travel, or
- You’re offered an alternative flight that is scheduled to land at your final destination/first stopover within 60 minutes of your original flight, or
- You do not comply with government regulations about defence/federal aviation security, or
- You’re not permitted to purchase a ticket on Breeze Airways
What If I Need Any Assistance with Breeze Airways Flight Delay Compensation?
If you have any questions on Breeze Airways flight delay compensation or need assistance:
- Call at customer service number
- Get in touch with the Guest Empowerment Team through:
- Facebook Messenger
- SMS (text message) 501-273-3931
- Email email@example.com
What is Breeze Airways Refund Policy?
The key points of Breeze Airways’ refund policy are as follows:
- Unless your flight is cancelled or you’re cancelling within the 24-hour grace period, Breeze Airways’ refund policy does not permit:
- Baggage fee refunds
- Pet fee refunds
- Seat fee refunds
- Breeze Airways’ refund policy does not permit any refund if you fail to board your flight before the 15-minute cutoff deadline.
- Outside of the 24-hour grace period, all Breeze Airways fares are nonrefundable.
- If you cancel your flight within the 24-hour grace period, your refund will be issued to your original payment method or, if you agree, as BreezePoints for future travel, provided you haven’t modified your flight reservation.
- If Breeze Airways cancels your flight, you will be refunded the cancelled portion of your ticket to your original payment method.
- If you voluntarily cancel your flight booking (online or via the Breeze App) at least 15 minutes before departure, the value of the cancelled portion of your ticket will be refunded in the form of BreezePoints to the Guest account through which you purchased your ticket.
- If you fail to show up for your flight and do not change or cancel your ticket at least 15 minutes before departure, it will be treated as a No-Show and the fare paid by you will be forfeited.
- Per Breeze Airways’ refund policy, refunds will be issued after the submission of proper documentation within the following timelines:
- Refunds of tickets purchased with credit cards will be made within 7 business days after you submit your refund request (with proper documentation). It may, however, take up to 2 billing cycles to reflect on your card statement.
- Refunds of tickets purchased with cash and check will be made within 20 business days after you submit your request with proper documentation.
- You can obtaina refund:
- By phone
- Via Breeze Airways Guest Empowerment Team through:
- Facebook Messenger
- SMS Text 501-273-3931
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By sending a written request to Breeze Airways to:
Breeze Airways Guest Refunds
6430 South 3000 East
Suite 400 Cottonwood Heights
- For refunding tickets purchased from third parties, you will need to directly contact the third party to process the refund.
Breeze Airways Ticket Refund Policy Tips
- If your flight ticket doesn’t qualify for a refund to your original form of payment, you can still receive the refund (in full) as BreezePoints which you can use later to book a flight.
- If you purchase your Breeze ticket outside the U.S., the refund time may be longer than the time stated above.
Tips to Avoid Flight Delays
Although it’s not in your hands to avoid flight delays and cancellations, you can take the steps below to prevent them from happening.
- Book a non-stop flight: If things go wrong, the chances of reaching your destination get worse if you have a connecting flight. Plus, even if the first flight operates per schedule, there’s no guarantee that the next flight will also operate as scheduled.
- Take the day’s first flight: Taking the flight of the day is great for many reasons. You’re less likely to get delayed because your aircraft will likely be waiting at the airport for you, and if there are any technical issues, they can be easily resolved overnight without ruining your plans.
- Fly from a hub: Taking a flight from a hub city has many benefits because it’s also home to the flight crew. Plus, the chances of finding a backup flight are a lot higher if your flight gets delayed or cancelled.
- Avoid carrying checked baggage: Although not always possible, travelling with checked baggage can easily turn a minor flight delay into a major one. Flight delays and cancellations strain an airline’s baggage handling systems, can lead to multi-hour baggage retrieval delays, and majorly limit your flight rebooking options.
- Be aware of your rights: If your flight is delayed by more than 3 hours or cancelled, you’re entitled to a full refund according to the Department of Transportation, no matter what the reason. This means you can cancel your ticket, collect a full refund, and rebook on another airline that’s travelling on time.
- Save your receipts and submit them: If your flight is delayed by more than 3 hours (or cancelled) due to failure on part of Breeze Airways, you may be entitled to reimbursement of meals, overnight hotel accommodations, to-and-fro ground transportation, as well as alternative transportation. Be sure to save your receipts and send them to Breeze’s Guest Empowerment Department in case you qualify for reimbursement.
- Know the benefits of your credit card: Many of the credit cards recommended (see below) include insurance for flight disruptions and cancellations. If your flight is delayed or cancelled, simply inform your credit card company and take advantage of the benefits offered by it.
Credit Cards that Provide Flight Delay Protection
Credit cards that provide flight delay protection on Breeze Airways include but are not limited to the cards below. The cards not included below provide lesser benefits. As you will observe, the minimum trip delay time ranges from 6 hours to 12 hours. For additional details, refer to the terms and conditions of the credit card company.
|Credit Cards that Cover Breeze Airways Flight Delay/Cancellation|
|Name of Credit Card||Minimum Delay||Maximum Coverage||Annual Card Fee|
|Capital One Venture X Rewards||6 hours/overnight||USD 500/ticket||USD 395|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve||6 hours/overnight||USD 500/ticket||USD 550|
|Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express||6 hours||USD 500/trip2 claims/card/12 months||USD 550|
|Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express||6 hours.||USD 500/trip2 claims/card/12 months||USD 650|
|American Express Platinum||6 hours||USD 500/trip2 claims/card/12 months||USD 695|
|Marriott Bonvoy Bold||12 hours/overnight||USD 500/ticket||Nil|
|United℠ Explorer||12 hours/overnight||USD 500/ticket||1st Year: Nil Then USD 95|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred Card||12 hours/overnight||USD 500/ticket||USD 95|
|World of Hyatt Credit Card||12 hours/overnight||USD 500/ticket||USD 95|
|Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card||12 hours/overnight||USD 500/ticket||USD 95|
|United Club Infinite Card||12 hours/overnight||USD 500/ticket||USD 525|
Note: To take the next step toward claiming reimbursement, call the customer service number appearing on the back of your credit card.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you could not find the information you were looking for, do go through the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions on Breeze Airways flight delay compensation.
That depends on the length of the delay. If your Breeze Airways flight is:
1. Delayed by up to 119 minutes, you can cancel or change your flight without penalty. After cancelling your flight, you will receive BreezePoints valid for 2 years from the original issue day.
2. Delayed by more than 120 minutes, you can change your flight date without penalty.
3. Delayed by more than 180 minutes, you can:
a. Cancel and fully refund your flight without penalty, or
b. Decide to travel on the delayed flight
Breeze Airways delayed flight compensation only applies to passengers who have been denied boarding due to overbooking. It does not apply to flight delays and cancellations because U.S. law does not mandate it within domestic U.S. sectors where Breeze operates.
If you’ve been involuntarily denied boarding due to overbooking, Breeze Airways delayed flight compensation is USD 0 if you’re offered an alternate flight scheduled to land at your destination/first stopover within 1 hour after your original flight.
The delayed flight compensation is twice the fare paid but not more than USD 775 if you’re offered an alternate flight that reaches your first stopover or final destination more than 1 hour but less than 2 hours after your original flight.
The delayed flight compensation is four times the fare but not more than USD 1,550 if you’re not offered an alternate flight that reaches your first stopover or final destination less than 2 hours after your original flight.
The most important point to remember about Breeze Airways ticket refund policy is that outside of the 24-hour grace period, all tickets are non-refundable. If you’re voluntarily cancelling your ticket outside of this period, you will not be entitled to a refund of the breeze airways baggage fee, pet fee, or seat fee unless your flight is cancelled.
Other key points of Breeze Airways ticket refund policy are as follows:
1. If you don’t show up for your flight, you will not be entitled to any refund.
2. If you’re cancelling within the 24-hour grace window, your ticket refund will be issued to your original payment method or as BreezePoints if you wish.
3. If your flight is cancelled by Breeze, the ticket refund will be made to your original payment method.
4. If you cancel your Breeze ticket online or through the mobile app at least 15 minutes before departure, you will receive your refund as BreezePoints.
5. If you do not cancel or change your ticket at least 15 minutes prior to departure, it will be considered a No-Show and your fare will be forfeited.
6. Tickets purchased by credit cards will be refunded (if eligible) within 7 business days after you submit your request with documentation but may take up to 2 billing cycles to reflect on your statement.
7. Tickets purchased by cash/check will be refunded within 20 business days after you’ve submitted your request with full documentation.
8. You can apply for a ticket refund by phone through this website, by contacting the Guest Empowerment Team via Facebook Messenger, by SMS at 501-273-3931, via email at email@example.com, or by sending a request in writing to Breeze Airways Guest Refunds at
6430 South 3000 East, Suite 400 Cottonwood Heights, Utah 84121.
9. For a refund of tickets purchased through third parties, you must contact the ticket issuing agency directly.