Sun Country Airlines (SY) is an ultra-low-cost based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A. (Saint Paul International Airport). Its focus cities include Dallas/Fort Worth and Las Vegas.
A Sun Country Airlines booking can take you to 99 destinations across the United States, Central America, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Aside from being the 11th largest U.S. airline by passengers carried, Sun Country Airlines is certified as a 3-Star low-cost Airline by Skytrax. It is also a contract cargo operator for Amazon Air.
Sun Country used to offer Economy and First Class seats, but currently offers an all-Economy seat arrangement with 3 different seat categories—Best, Exit Row, and Standard.
The airline’s operating fleet size comprises 34 passenger and 12 freighter aircraft.
Sun Country Airlines Booking Methods
How do I book a ticket on Sun Country Airlines?
You can book a flight on Sun Country Airlines:
- Over the phone
- Online via SunCountry.com
- At a Sun Country Airlines ticket office
- Through a travel agent
Sun Country Airlines Online Booking
Sun Country Airlines online booking process
You can book a flight online on Sun Country Airlines as follows:
- Go to SunCountry.com
- Enter your flight requirements, such as:
- Round trip or One-way
- Departure and destination city/cities
- Number of passengers
- Click on the 🡪 button
- Add your personal information
- Purchase the following add-ons (optional)
- Your baggage allowance (optional)
- Upgrade to priority check-in and boarding (optional)
- Select a seat from the seat map (optional)
- Select a hotel/resort (optional)
- Purchase insurance (optional)
- Enter your payment details
(online banking/debit or credit card)
- Confirm and pay
You will receive your e-ticket at your registered e-mail address as soon as your payment is received.
- You can book up to 9 passengers on a single online booking.
- If you’re travelling with 10 or more passengers, you must Sun Country Airlines Booking at .
- If you’re travelling with 20 or more passengers with at least 10 hotel rooms, you must call the Groups Department at +1-651-905-2711 or fill out a Groups Travel Request Form.
Other Flight Booking Options
You can also book your Sun Country Airlines flight:
Sun Country Airlines Flight Status
You can check your Sun Country Airlines flight status:
- Over the phone
(call the Sun Country Airlines airport office in your city)
- Online via the Flight Status tab
- From the notice boards at the airport
You can check your Sun Country Airlines flight status online as follows:
- Go to SunCountry.com
- Click on the Flight Status tab
|To check the flight status By Cities|
(opens by default)
|To check the flight status By Flight Number|
|Enter the departure and destination cities Select the departure date||Select the By Flight Number optionEnter your Flight Number Select the departure date|
- Click on the 🡪 button
Your flight status will appear.
Sun Country Airlines Manage Booking
How do I manage my booking on Sun Country Airlines?
If you want to modify your flight booking, you can do it:
- By phone
- Online via SunCountry.com (flights only)
- Through your travel agent
How to Manage Your Sun Country Airlines Booking Online
The Sun Country Airlines Manage Booking functionality lets you modify your flight booking online by allowing you to:
- Change your flight booking
- Cancel your flight booking
- Select a seat
- Change a seat
- Purchase baggage
Note. If you purchased your ticket from a travel agent or another company such as Apple Vacations, Cheap Caribbean, etc., you must contact them directly to process the changes.
To manage your Sun Country Airlines flight booking online:
- Go to SunCountry.com
- Click on the My Trips tab
- Enter your Last Name and Reservation Code
(the reservation code is a 6-character code you would have received in your confirmation email after you booked your ticket)
- Click on the Manage My Trip button
- Follow the on-screen prompts to:
- Change your flight booking
- Cancel your flight booking
- Select/change a seat
- Purchase baggage
Special Assistance Services Offered by Sun Country Airlines
Sun Country provides assistance to special needs passengers and complies with the non-discrimination policies of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
You can request:
- Wheelchair assistance
- Special seating accommodation with extra legroom for a leg brace
- Escort assistance if you’re visually impaired
- Stowage of assistive devices such as a walker, a pair of crutches, a cane, etc.
(can be carried free of charge)
- Assistance through security
(ask a ticket agent for a gate pass for whoever will be assisting you)
How to Request Assistance
You can request assistance in any of the following ways:
How to Submit a Complaint
Passengers with a disability can complain:
- By phone at (+)
- Online by filling out the Comment/Complaint Form.
Mobility Devices and Medical Equipment
You’re allowed to carry mobility devices and medical equipment free of charge—they are not counted as additional baggage. However, they must be stored per Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations.
- Portable mobility devices like canes and walkers can be stored in the cabin provided they don’t protrude into the aisle or impede access to emergency exits. Alternatively, they can be checked in if they’re too large.
- Wheelchairs can be checked at the gate or ticket counter free of charge. Detachable footrests and seat cushions can either be carried on board or stowed with the wheelchair.
- Powered equipment that requires to be disassembled must be checked to ensure it is handled properly. You can use the airline’s wheelchair after checking your personal wheelchair. Delays may occur at some airports where normal stairways cannot be used to transport the equipment into the jetway.
- Powered carts and wheelchairs that can pass upright through the aircraft bin doors should not be disassembled. Also, the batteries can remain attached. If they cannot pass through the aircraft bin door, they may need to be disassembled by the airport personnel. To avoid delays, make sure you have the instructions available with you.
- The maximum door width for forward cargo is 48 inches and the maximum door height is 35 inches on 737 aircraft. The maximum door width for rear cargo on 737s is 48 inches and the maximum door height is 33 inches.
- Be sure to identify your mobility equipment’s batteries as spillable or non-spillable to ensure proper handling.
- Gel and dry cell batteries are considered non-spillable and require less handling.
- Damaged and/or cracked battery packs will be considered as spillable batteries and transported as such.
- At least 1 hour will be required for checking in electrical equipment to ensure it complies with the handling requirements for dangerous goods.
- If you’re travelling with a portable oxygen concentrator (POC):
- Make sure it is FAA-approved.
- Inform Sun Country Reservations () at least 48 hours before departure or submit a POC request.
- You/your travel companion must be able to operate the POC.
- You must carry an adequate supply of batteries to ensure it lasts the entire journey, ground time, connection time, unexpected delays, etc., as you may not be able to use the power supply on the aircraft.
- Check in for your flight at least 1 hour before departure and present the POC for inspection.
- Your POC must bear a manufacturer’s label and indicate that it is approved for use on aircraft. If it does not bear a label, the staff will try to ascertain that it is approved for air travel, and this may take additional time.
- You don’t need to carry a physician’s documentation.
- Do bring the manufacturer’s operating instructions and read the POC Checklist.
At check-in, the following will be verified:
- You will not be allowed to occupy an emergency exit or first-row (bulkhead) seat per FAA Safety Regulations.
Sun Country Airlines Travel Classes—Seat Selection
Sun Country Airlines no longer offers First Class seats. It offers an all-Economy seat configuration with the following 3 seating options:
- Standard Seats
- Exit Row Seats
- Best Seats
Exit-row Seats and Best Seats are available for an additional fee. Seat selection charges range from USD 9 – 100 per seat per segment, depending on your seat’s location and amenities offered. The seat selection charges appear on the seat map page if you’re booking online. If you’re booking by phone, you will be informed of the charges by your travel advisor.
|Standard Seats||Exit Row Seats||Best Seats|
|In-seat USB portFree entertainment on your personal device on most flights||Extra legroom (9in)In-seat USB portFree entertainment on your personal device on most flights||Preferred Zone 2 boarding1 complimentary alcoholic beverageExtra legroom (4in)150% more reclineIn-seat power outlet In-seat USB portFree entertainment on your personal device on most flights|
How to Select A Seat on Sun Country Airlines
You can select a seat at the time of booking to ensure you sit with your group. If you don’t purchase a seat selection at the time of booking, you may not be seated with your travelling companions.
You can select your seat when purchasing your ticket (by phone or online) or later. You can select your seat online after purchasing your ticket through My Trips.
If you don’t select your seat in advance, you will be assigned one randomly during check-in at no additional charge. If you’re travelling with children and do not select your seat in advance, the airline will try to seat a child with at least one adult on the reservation.
Advance seat selections are:
- Priced per seat, per flight segment
The seat selection fee/charge will depend on:
- The seat location on the aircraft
- Additional amenities offered, such as extra recline or extra legroom
Randomly assigned seat selections during check-in are on a first-come basis and free of charge.
Exit Row Seats
Per FAA regulations, exit row seat occupants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Must not be traveling with a passenger who is under 15 years or requires special care.
- Must be able to use both legs, arms, and hands and be strong enough to evacuate the aircraft in case of an emergency.
- Must be able to read, speak, and understand English.
- Must be willing to assist other exit-row passengers, if required.
- Must not need a seat belt extension.
Exit row seats are non-refundable.
The following seats are designated as priority seats by Sun Country for accommodating passengers with disabilities:
- Boeing 737-800: 1A – 1F, 5B – 5C
Sun Country offers 2 packages for group travel:
- Packages for 20 or more passengers who are:
- Travelling on the same flights and dates
- Travelling to a Sun Country destination
- Staying at the same hotel
- Requiring at least 10 rooms
- Packages for 10 or more passengers who:
- Are travelling on the same flight and dates
- Are travelling to a Sun Country destination
- Do not need hotel accommodation
You can book group travel:
- By phone (call )
- Online (request a quote)
Sun Country Airlines Phone Numbers
- Booking and Reservations
(open 24/7, toll-free in USA and Canada)
- Customer Service +1-651-905-2737
(Monday – Sunday, 6am – 11pm, Central Time)
- Rewards +1-651-905-2737
- Group Travel
- Accessiblity Requests
(open 24/7, toll-free in the USA and Canada)
- Online Banking Payment Issues +1-(800)-398-9089
Sun Country Airlines In-flight Entertainment
Sun Country Airlines offers complimentary entertainment through a secure wireless AirFi network. You can use your laptop, tablet, or smartphone to stream the entertainment programs even if you don’t have any access to the internet.
The entertainment programs comprise:
- Movies and shows
Headphones are available for purchase. Most seats have USB charging ports, and Best Seats have AC power outlets that allow you to plug in your device for power.
Food and Beverages
Sun Country offers complimentary beverages, such as water, juices, tea, coffee, and soda. The following items are available for purchase (by card only):
- Snacks and snack boxes (Flitebites)
- Dot’s Homestyle Pretzels
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky
- Caribou Coffee
- Prairie Organic Spirits (gin and vodka)
Sun Country Airlines Rewards
Sun Country Airlines’ loyalty program is called Sun Country Rewards and is free to join. You can use it to earn points and redeem it to travel any time you like, with no blackout dates.
|Earn Points||Redeem Points|
|Earn 2 points for every USD 1 you spend directly with Sun Country—online or by phone—on flights, seat selections, vacation packages, and baggage.|
Earn 1 point for every USD 1 you spend on any booking made through a travel agent/travel website.
Earn additional points when you purchase with a Sun Country Airlines Signature Visa card or Partner Card.
|Redeem 100 points for USD 1 on Sun Country purchases of flights, seat selections, vacation packages, and baggage.|
Redeem or combine points with USD to pay for your flight, seat selection, and baggage.
Redeem points for travelling on any flight with no blackout dates.
You can redeem your reward points online as follows:
- Go to suncountry.com
- Log in to your account
- Book a new trip
- Click on the Redeem Sun Country Rewards points on the Review and Pay page
- Choose the required number of points you wish to redeem
- Click on Use these points
The required number of points will be deducted and the balance (if any) can be paid by credit card.
Sun Country Airlines Travel Destinations
A screenshot of Sun Country Airlines’ travel destinations
Sun Country Airlines flies to 99 destinations across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean.
Williston, ND (XWA)
West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)
Tucson, AZ (TUS)
Tampa, FL (TPA)
St. Pete/Clearwater, FL (PIE)
St. Louis, MO (STL)
Spokane, WA (GEG)
Seattle, WA (SEA)
Savannah, Georgia/Hilton Head, SC (SAV)
Sarasota/Bradenton, FL (SRQ)
San Francisco, CA (SFO)
San Diego, CA (SAN)
San Antonio, TX (SAT)
Raleigh, NC (RDU)
Punta Gorda, FL (PGD)
Providence, RI (PVD)
Portland, OR (PDX)
Portland, ME (PWM)
Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)
Phoenix-Mesa, AZ (AZA)
Phoenix, AZ (PHX)
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Palm Springs, CA (PSP)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Orange County, CA (SNA)
New York City, NY/Newark, NJ (EWR)
New Orleans, LA (MSY)
Nashville, TN (BNA)
Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR)
Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN (MSP)
Milwaukee, WI (MKE)
Miami, FL (MIA)
Madison, WI (MSN)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Kalispell/Glacier National Park, MT (FCA)
Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
Jackson Hole, WY (JAC)
Indianapolis, IN (IND)
Houston, TX (IAH)
Honolulu, HI (HNL)
Hartford, CT (BDL)
Harlingen/South Padre Island, TX (HRL)
Gulfport/Biloxi, MS (GPT)
Green Bay, WI (GRB)
Fort Myers, FL (RSW)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Fairbanks, AK (FAI)
Denver, CO (DEN)
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW)
Cincinnati, OH (CVG)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Charleston, SC (CHS)
Burlington, VT (BTV)
Buffalo, NY (BUF)
Bozeman, MT (BZN)
Boston, MA (BOS)
Baltimore, MD/Washington, DC (BWI)
Austin, TX (AUS)
Asheville, NC (AVL)
Anchorage, AK (ANC)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (YVR)
Puerto Vallarta/Riviera Narayit (PVR)
Los Cabos (SJD)
Cancun/Riviera Maya (CUN)
Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR)
Belize City, Belize (BZE)
Turks & Caicos (PLS)
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands (STT)
San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU)
Roatan, Honduras (RTB)
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ)
Montego Bay, Negril and Ocho Rios, Jamaica (MBJ)
Grand Cayman (GCM)
Frequently Asked Questions on Sun Country Airlines Booking
You can pay for your flight ticket in several ways:
Credit and debit cards, including Sun Country Airlines Signature Visa, Visa, and MasterCard.
● Sun Country Airlines Voucher
● Sun Country Airlines Flight Credit
● Sun Country Rewards points
You must pay in full for your ticket at the time of booking, regardless of how you book.
If you haven’t already paid in advance, you will have to pay for baggage and seat selection. At some destinations in the Caribbean and Central America, you may have to pay airport tax on arrival or departure. The specific amount payable by you will be mentioned in your travel documents.
Sun Country Airlines offers 3 types of seats—Standard, Exit Row, and Best.
Best seats are located in the forward section of the aircraft. They offer 34 inches of legroom, a moveable headrest, 150% additional recline, and USB charging ports as well as standard AC power outlets. Passengers who purchase Best seats receive priority boarding and a premium complimentary beverage.
Exit Row seats offer 39 inches of legroom and standard recline. They are located in an aircraft’s exit rows and offer USB charging ports. Per FAA regulations, passengers who occupy exit row seats must be at least 15 years old; must not be travelling with an under-15 or special-needs passenger; must be able to use both arms, hands, and legs, and be strong enough to evacuate if required. Plus, they must be able to speak, read, and understand English, and not require a seatbelt extension.
If you select an exit row seat and fail to meet the above-mentioned requirements, you will be reseated, and the fee paid by you will not be refunded.
Standard seats are like normal seats on most Economy Class cabins in major U.S. airlines. They offer 29 – 30 inches of legroom, USB charging ports, and a standard recline.
No, you don’t have to pre-select a seat and pay for it. You will be randomly assigned a seat when you check in for your flight.
If you forgot to select your seat at the time of booking, you can select it later by phone (+1-866-399-0587), online through My Trips, or when you check in online for your flight.
Yes, you can do it through My Trips by entering your last name and 6-character reservation code. After logging in, you can select your seat and pay the required fee.
Yes, you can change your seat via My Trips or when you check in online. You will have to pay the difference in fee only if your new seat costs more.
The following seats on Boeing 737-800 are designated as priority seats to accommodate passengers with disabilities: 1A to 1F, 5B to 5C.
If you’re moved from a Priority Seat, you will be provided a full refund of your seat selection fee and you will be reassigned a superior or equivalent seat with your party (if possible). If your flight is fully booked, you may not be seated in the same category seat and you could be separated from your group/party.
If you’re unable to fit comfortably in one seat even with both armrests down, you will need to purchase the adjacent seat.
To purchase an extra seat for yourself, call Sun Country Reservations at +1-866-399-0587.
Sun Country Airlines cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to peanuts during the flight.