Singapore Airlines offers a variety of upgrade options that allow you to enjoy a more luxurious and comfortable flying experience. You can upgrade your seat to Premium Economy, Business Class, or First Class, depending on seat availability. A Singapore Airlines upgrade provides all the entitlements of the higher-class cabin—such as lounge access (if applicable), priority check-in and boarding, baggage handling, and increased baggage allowance.
However, your original ticket’s fare conditions won’t change, meaning that the KrisFlyer miles, Elite miles, PPS value, and miles from other partner airlines will be based on your original booking.
Overview of SIA Upgrade
Singapore Airlines offers a range of upgrade options for passengers looking to enhance their travel experience. Below is a snapshot of Singapore Airlines upgrade policy:
- To upgrade to a higher cabin class, you can:
- Purchase mySQupgrade at a special price within 72 hours of departure, or
- Redeem your KrisFlyer miles to upgrade a Standard or Flexi ticket, or
- Pay the difference in fares to upgrade instantly
- Only flights ticketed and operated by SIA are eligible for upgrades.
- Upgrades are non-refundable unless your flight is canceled.
- A mySQupgrade purchase:
- Can only be transacted with cash/card
- Includes upgrades to Premium Economy or Business Class on select routes only
- Does not apply to passengers traveling with infants, more than 9 passengers in a booking, pay-with-miles option, or Flight Pass booking
- Can be confirmed immediately if available
- A KrisFlyer miles upgrade:
- Must be transacted with KrisFlyer miles
- Can only be made to the next-higher cabin class, but this does not apply to upgrades from Economy to Business on flights offering Premium Economy Class
- Does not apply to Lite and Value fares
- Can be confirmed immediately if available
- A top-up-the-fare-difference upgrade:
- Must be paid by cash/card
- Applies to all cabin classes
- Does not apply to Economy Lite and Value fares or multi-city bookings
- Can be confirmed immediately if available
Note. If you book through a travel agency, contact your travel agent to request an upgrade.
- You can also be invited to purchase an upgrade on certain criteria.
- You can check your upgrade eligibility through the widget on this page by entering your booking reference number and last name for flights departing within 72 hours.
- Not all flights are eligible for an upgrade, such as:
- Flights not ticketed and/or operated by Singapore Airlines
- 10 or more passengers in a single booking
- Infant(s) in a booking
- Bookings purchased with miles
- Flight Pass bookings
- Upgrade availability is displayed in real-time and can change between the time you received an invite and when you click on Get Upgraded.
- If you make any changes to an upgraded booking, the upgrade will not be applied to your new flight.
- The per-passenger upgrade price will be shown after you enter your booking reference and last name, and is not negotiable.
- If your upgrade purchase is rejected, you will not be charged.
- Allow 2 – 4 hours for the upgrade purchase email to be issued and check the spam folder of your email account. If you still don’t receive it, contact Singapore Airlines Reservations.
- Online upgrade purchases must be completed at least 6 hours prior to departure. To purchase within 6 hours of departure, ask the SQ agent at the airport counter.
Singapore Airlines Upgrade to Business Class
Singapore Airlines Business Class upgrade offers you the opportunity to enjoy a luxurious and comfortable flight experience, depending on availability. You can purchase a Business Class upgrade using your KrisFlyer miles or cash. You may receive an email invitation to purchase an upgrade, check for availability before booking your flight, or even request an upgrade at the airport check-in counter.
To upgrade using KrisFlyer miles, you must have enough miles in your account to cover the cost of the upgrade. The number of miles required will depend on your route and seat availability. If you don’t have enough miles, you can purchase additional miles through the KrisFlyer program.
Alternatively, if seats are available, you can purchase an upgrade directly from Singapore Airlines. The cost of the upgrade will depend on the class of travel, route, and availability.
Economy to Business Class Upgrade on Singapore Airlines
You can upgrade from Economy to Business Class on Singapore Airlines with mySQupgrade (by cash/card), as long as the booking does not include passengers traveling with an infant, 10 or more passengers, a pay-with-miles option, or a Flight Pass booking.
If you’re upgrading with KrisFlyer miles or paying the fare difference by card or cash, you can upgrade from Economy to Business Class as long as it’s not a Lite or Value fare.
Singapore Airlines First Class Upgrade
If you’re looking to upgrade to Singapore Airlines First Class, there are a few different routes you can take. One option is to use your frequent flyer miles to book an upgrade. This will typically require a certain number of miles and may come with additional fees or restrictions.
Another option is to purchase a discounted First Class fare directly from the airline. Keep an eye out for special promotions or sales that may offer reduced prices on premium-class seats.
Finally, if you have elite status with Singapore Airlines or another Star Alliance member airline, you may be eligible for complimentary upgrades based on availability. Be sure to check your eligibility and inquire about availability before your flight to increase your chances of securing an upgrade.
Singapore Airlines Upgrade with Miles
If you’re a frequent flyer with SIA, you can upgrade your flight using miles. This is a great way to enjoy the comforts of Business or First Class without having to pay the full price. The process is fairly simple—just log in to your KrisFlyer account and check if your flight is eligible for an upgrade. You can then use your miles to book the upgrade, and the difference in cost will be deducted from your account.
When upgrading a flight with miles:
- You must use your KrisFlyer miles
- You can only upgrade one class higher, but you’re allowed to upgrade from Economy to Business Class even if your flight offers Premium Economy Class.
- You cannot upgrade Lite and Value fares.
- Your upgrade can be confirmed immediately if seats are available.
Keep in mind that availability for upgrades is limited, so it’s best to book early if you want to secure an upgrade.
Can I use United Miles to upgrade on Singapore Airlines?
While United Airlines and Singapore Airlines are both Star Alliance members, United miles cannot be used to upgrade on Singapore Airlines. However, United MileagePlus members can still earn miles when flying with Singapore Airlines and redeem them for flights operated by SIA or any other Star Alliance member airlines. Additionally, Singapore Airlines’ own KrisFlyer program offers its own upgrade options and rewards for frequent flyers.
Although you may not be able to use your United miles to upgrade on Singapore Airlines, there are still plenty of opportunities to earn and redeem rewards for your travels with these airlines.
Singapore Airlines Upgrade Chart
The Singapore Airlines Upgrade Chart is a handy tool for anyone looking to upgrade their flight experience. This chart outlines the various options available for upgrading your ticket, including the number of miles required and the type of cabin you can expect. For example, upgrading from Economy to Premium Economy might require 15,000 miles, while upgrading to Business Class might require 30,000 miles.
The chart also provides information on the different benefits that come with each upgrade, such as priority boarding and access to premium lounges. Whether you’re a frequent flyer or just looking to splurge on a special occasion, SIA Upgrade Chart can help you make an informed decision about how to enhance your travel experience.
Singapore Airlines Upgrade Cost
SIA upgrade cost varies depending on several factors, such as your flight route, ticket class, availability, and membership status.
- If you’re purchasing an upgrade, you can find the per-traveler upgrade cost through the Manage Booking page after entering your 6-character booking reference number and last/family name.
- If you receive an invitation to purchase an upgrade, you will know the upgrade cost by clicking on the Get Upgraded link.
- If you’re upgrading with miles, you can check the upgrade cost by route through the Singapore Airlines Upgrade Chart.
Frequently Asked Questions on SIA Upgrade
Upgrading your flight can be a great way to enhance your travel experience, but it’s important to understand the process and options available before making any decisions. In this FAQ section, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Singapore Airlines upgrades.
Yes, you can upgrade most Singapore Airlines flights and fares. However:
1. Lite and Value fares cannot be upgraded with miles or by paying the fare difference.
2. mySQupgrade bookings with infants, 10 or more passengers, a pay-with-miles option, and Flight Pass bookings cannot be upgraded.
Singapore Airlines may offer free upgrades in some cases, but it is not guaranteed. Upgrades are typically given to passengers who hold elite status with the airline’s frequent flyer program or to those who have purchased a premium fare. However, upgrades are subject to availability and are at the discretion of the airline.
Singapore Airlines also offers paid upgrades, which can be a great way to enjoy the benefits of a higher cabin class without having to purchase a full-fare ticket.
If you’re looking to snag a free upgrade on Singapore Airlines, there are a few ways to increase your chances. To begin with, make sure you’re a member of the airline’s loyalty program, KrisFlyer. This will give you access to special promotions and offers that may include complimentary upgrades. Another tip is to check in early and be friendly with the gate agents. If there are any available seats in Business or First Class, they may be more likely to offer an upgrade to a polite and personable customer. Finally, consider booking your flight during off-peak times when there may be more empty seats available for upgrades. Keep in mind that free upgrades are never guaranteed, but by following these tips, you just might find yourself enjoying a more luxurious travel experience without spending a dime.
If you’re looking to make a last-minute upgrade on a SIA flight, the first option is to check the availability of upgrades at the airport, as sometimes there may be open seats in premium cabins. Another option is to use your frequent flyer miles to upgrade your ticket if you have enough miles and the airline allows it. You can also try contacting the airline’s customer service department or speaking with a representative at the gate to see if they can assist you with an upgrade.
Remember that last-minute upgrades are not always available and may come with additional fees. It’s always best to plan ahead and book your desired cabin class from the start, but if circumstances change, don’t hesitate to explore these options for a possible upgrade.
Upgrading on Singapore Airlines requires a certain number of miles depending on the class of your original ticket and the class you want to upgrade to. The number of miles required for an upgrade can vary based on factors such as the route, date of travel, and availability.
To find out the exact number of miles needed for an upgrade on Singapore Airlines, it’s best to check the SQ’s upgrade chart or contact customer service directly.
The number of miles needed to upgrade to Business Class on Singapore Airlines will depend on your route and original travel class (Economy/Premium Economy). For the exact number of miles, refer to the Singapore Airlines upgrade chart.
Refer to the airline’s upgrade chart for the exact number of miles to upgrade to Premium Economy, as this will depend on your route.
Singapore Airlines has temporarily stopped its bid for the upgrade program and replaced it with a fixed-cost upgrade option.
The SIA paid upgrade system allows passengers to upgrade their seats to a higher class of service for a fee. Passengers are typically notified of available upgrades via email or at check-in, and can then choose to purchase the upgrade if they wish.
The cost of the upgrade depends on the route, time of day, and availability of seats in the higher class. Upgrades are subject to availability and may not always be offered on all flights. Passengers who choose to purchase an upgrade will receive all the benefits of the higher class, such as more legroom, better meals and amenities, priority check-in and boarding, lounge access, and additional baggage allowance.
Singapore Airlines has replaced bidding for upgrades with fixed-cost upgrades for a limited period. This means instead of bidding for an upgrade, you can purchase an instant upgrade to a higher cabin class for a fixed cost, subject to seat availability.